If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'll admit, I'm proud of this one... I think the lime juice in the chocolate vinaigrette makes it. It made for a delicious breakfast this morning and can be served as a first course, afternoon snack or dessert. Definitely a refreshing warm weather dish! —Kristin Irani Myruski
Coconut Panna Cotta
- 13.5 ounces Coconut Milk
- 15 ounces Cream of Coconut
- 1 cup Heavy Cream, Whipped
- 2 packets Gelatin
- Bloom gelatin in 5 tablespoons water and set aside
- Heat the coconut milk and cream of coconut over medium high heat until bubbling around the edges and remove to a bowl of ice water to cool mixture down
- When coconut mixture is cooled whisk in gelatin and whipped cream
- Pour into individual molds or into a baking pan (I used a 9x1 which yielded a thinner panna cotta)
- Allow to set up in the refrigerator; about 2 to 4 hours and cut about 8 portions to plate
Chocolate Vinaigrette and Avocado Mango Salad
- 1.5 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- 4-5 Limes, Juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- pinches sea salt
- 2 Avocados, medium dice
- 2 Mangos, medium dice
- 3/4 cup Strawberry brunoise (optional)
- pinches Maldon salt or other flaky, crunchy salt (not optional; critical! : )
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave at about 20 second increments, stirring; allow to cool slightly
- Whisk chocolate into lime juice (reserving a tablesoon or two), add a pinch of sea salt and whisk in olive oil slowly to emulsify
- Toss avocado and mango with reserved lime juice
- To plate, unmold or place piece of panna cotta on the plate, top with avocado and mango salad, garnish with strawberry brunoise and a cordon of vinaigrette; finish with a sprinkle of Maldon salt
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.