Author Notes: This dish was inspired by my sister who has celiac disease. She is always looking for alternatives to the usual gluten free recipes. This dish packs a whole lot of punch with the sherry vinaigrette, yet maintains a subtly of textures with the remaining components - Jason Nejberger
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 1 pound Skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Red quinoa
- 2 handfuls Baby arugula
- 1 cup Medium diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cannoli oil
- 3 cups Low sodium chicken stock
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Fresh ground pepper
- Thinly slice fennel bulb and toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan and spread evenly. Roast in oven for approximately 15 minutes
- Meanwhile in a heavy gauge sauce pan add quinoa, chicken stock, salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes
- Preheat grill pan on medium high heat, season chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill both sides until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees
- When quinoa,fennel and chicken are complete, place in a non-reactive metal bowl and add baby arugula, chopped tomatoes, sherry vinegar.
- Toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in 4 separate serving bowls and garnish with fennel fronds. Enjoy!