If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of the few dishes I have made many times. I started making it in college and have made it many times since. It's great for a party and always a huge hit. —roryrabbitfield
- 3 pounds butternut squash (peeled, diced), about 9 cups
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups milk
- 2 sprigs fresh minced rosemary
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 9 sheets of lasagne pasta
- 1.5 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- paprika to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Toss squash with oil in bowl. Season with salt. Roast squash in shallow, oiled pans at 450 degrees until tender & golden.
- In a large pot, boil lasagna sheets. When done, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In large saucepan, cook garlic in butter until soft. Stir in flour and cook the roux 3 minutes. Whisk in milk slowly, stirring till smooth. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring. Add squash. Season with salt, pepper, paprika. (You can make the sauce ahead of time.)
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9" baking dish. Pour in 1 cup of the sauce. Cover with 3 sheets lasagna. Spread half of the remaining sauce over this, sprinkle with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Make 1 more layer of pasta, sauce, cheese, and end with another pasta layer.
- Beat cream with salt to hold soft peaks. Cover pasta with cream. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 30 mins. Uncover, bake 10 mins. Let stand 5 mins before serving. Sprinkle chopped parsely over top.
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.