If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These shakes are a great way to use up leftover coconut milk, though I'm so hooked that I'll buy coconut milk just to make them. They're also a great way to enjoy the ripe, juicy berries that are in the market right now; in the off season, frozen berries can be substituted. Be sure to take the extra step of adding lime zest -- it makes the shakes extra delicious. —EmilyC
- 1 cup strawberries, raspberries or blackberries, rinsed and trimmed
- Juice and zest (finely grated) from 1 small lime
- 1 cup coconut or vanilla ice cream
- about 1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut milk (full-fat)
- a few large mint leaves (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender, including mint leaves (if using), starting with 1/2 amount of lime juice and adding more to taste. Blend. Add more ice cream / coconut milk if needed to reach desired consistency. If you're feeling fancy, garnish with fresh berries and mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.