Author Notes: These shakes are a great way to use up leftover coconut milk, though I'm so hooked that I'll buy coconut milk just to make them. They're also a great way to enjoy the ripe, juicy strawberries that are in the market right now; in the off season, frozen strawberries can be substituted. Be sure to take the extra step of adding lime zest -- it makes the shakes extra delicious. - EmilyC
- 1 cup strawberries, rinsed and stems removed
- Juice and zest (finely grated) from 1 small lime
- 1 cup coconut or vanilla ice cream
- about 1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut milk (full-fat)
- a few large mint leaves (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender, including mint leaves (if using), starting with 1/2 amount of lime juice and adding more to taste. Blend. Add more ice cream / coconut milk if needed to reach desired consistency. If you're feeling fancy, garnish with fresh strawberries and mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut