Author Notes: This is more of a Christmas candy then cookie, but they are fun to make. Who doesn't love anything that tastes like a peanut butter cup! My brother and I used to make these for our church holiday parties. They were always a hit at the kids table! - KelseyTheNaptimeChef
Serves 3 dozen (about)
- 3 tablespoons good quality vanilla
- 3 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 pound butter, unsalted
- 2 pounds crunchy peanut butter (smooth is OK, too, but I prefer crunchy in this recipe)
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bar of paraffin wax
- Mix together the vanilla, powdered sugar, butter and crunchy peanut butter. Roll into 1" balls with the palms for your hands. Place on a tray or platter and allow them to cool in the fridge.
- In a double boiler, or glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt together chocolate chips and wax. Working quickly, dip peanut butter balls into the chocolate with a toothpick until the peanut butter is totally coated. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and place them in the fridge to chill. Once they have chilled and the chocolate is set they are ready to eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie