If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is more of a Christmas candy then cookie, but they are fun to make. Who doesn't love anything that tastes like a peanut butter cup! My brother and I used to make these for our church holiday parties. They were always a hit at the kids table! - KelseyTheNaptimeChef
Serves 3 dozen (about)
- 3 tablespoons good quality vanilla
- 3 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 pound butter, unsalted
- 2 pounds crunchy peanut butter (smooth is OK, too, but I prefer crunchy in this recipe)
- 24 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bar of paraffin wax
- Mix together the vanilla, powdered sugar, butter and crunchy peanut butter. Roll into 1" balls with the palms for your hands. Place on a tray or platter and allow them to cool in the fridge.
- In a double boiler, or glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt together chocolate chips and wax. Working quickly, dip peanut butter balls into the chocolate with a toothpick until the peanut butter is totally coated. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and place them in the fridge to chill. Once they have chilled and the chocolate is set they are ready to eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.