If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cool, sweet and spicy, a perfect go-to, add-on recipe for the hot grilling days ahead. Mangoes are a natural pairing for coconut. Onion, sweet and hot peppers, fresh ginger and plenty of garlic add the heat. Coconut adds the crunch and a hint of coconut oil adds the dressing.
Serve with grilled chicken or fish. Add to a steaming pot of jasmine rice. Add as a tropical garnish to salmon burger. It's summer. . . with lighter fare, anything goes. —Vivian Henoch
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 mango, peeled and chunked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 hot (jalapeno) pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- salt, red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, packaged or fresh
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- This one is easy. In a mixing bowl, combine all chopped ingredients; toss in coconut, coconut oil, pepper flakes. . . stir and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut