If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original, traditional Waldorf salad consists of a mix of apples, celery, and walnuts with a creamy dressing. Delicious, absolutely – but we find that version has almost too much crunch. So we skip the walnuts and use tarragon in place of parsley. (If you can’t live without walnuts, toast them in a dry pan over medium heat before adding to the salad.) Serve with grilled fish or pork. - Adam Rapoport
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced on a diagonal, plus 1/4 cup (loosely packed) celery leaves
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced crosswise, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 1 firm, crisp apple (such as Pink Lady, Gala, or Granny Smith), julienned
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add celery and celery leaves, fennel bulbs and fennel fronds, and apple; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.