If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recreation of my favorite Whole Foods salad. The detox salad. Bursting with colour and flavor, it is one nutritious powerhouse. The recipe makes a lot so you can enjoy packing fast and easy lunches throughout the week. It's a great salad that can be customized to fit your own tastes. - Jennifer Trennum
Makes 8 cups
- 2 heads broccoli
- 2 1/2 cups of roughly cut cauliflower florets
- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dired currants
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the broccoli florets into a food processor and pulse until chopped very fine. Empty out into a large bowl.
- Do the same with the cauliflower florets. Depending on the size of your food processor you may have to work in batches.
- Next add the carrots and pulse until finely chopped and add to the bowl along with the broccoli and cauliflower. Give it a good stir to mix everything together.
- Stir in the parsley, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins and currants. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- To store: keep refrigerated in a tightly sealed container. I like to keep it in a big sealed glass container because I find that the glass keeps the salad fresher than plastic.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs