If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a vibrant soup with bright and fresh flavors. Mint and peas is a classic combination. Accompanied with the natural sweetness of roasted garlic and carrots and a kiss of spices, this elegant dish is a definite winner. Serve with fresh crusty ciabatta or croutons. - Kaira G
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen peas
- 2 Carrots cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups Low sodium veg or chicken broth
- 1 cup non fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 10 Mint leaves
- 1/2 Large garlic diced
- 1 pinch Cumin
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F (~200 degrees C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil.
- On the baking tray, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper to carrots and garlic cloves and toss to coat. Arrange garlic cloves and carrots in a single layer. Bake in oven for 3o to 35 minutes until carrots are tender. Squeeze roasted garlic out from the skin and set aside with the carrots.
- In a separate large saucepan, melt the butter in the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Stir in peas, roasted carrots and garlic. Cook for another minute. Add in hot simmering broth and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until peas are tender.
- In batches, transfer the broth with the veggies into blender. Add in yogurt, fresh mint leaves, roasted carrots and garlic. Blend until a smooth mixture.
- Return soup to the saucepan. Stir in buttermilk (if using). Season with cumin, cinnamon and pepper as needed and bring to a simmer. Serve pipping hot with a drizzle of yogurt if desired.