Author Notes: The sorbet is sweet and tangy and absolutely refreshing, still a tiny bit carbonated, and brings the fall flavor of apples to a dessert made for hot summer nights. All you basically need is a bottle opener and an ice cream machine (OK, not everybody has that, but if you do...). - cheesypennies
- 1 bottle (25-26 oz) sparkling apple cider, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon simple syrup*
- juice of 1 lemon
- a splash of Calvados liqueur, optional
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients, then process in an ice cream maker as directed.
- If you serve right away**, the sorbet will be soft and the tiniest bit slushy. We like ours like that. Otherwise, transfer to a sealable container and freeze until solid.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert