If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sorbet is sweet and tangy and absolutely refreshing, still a tiny bit carbonated, and brings the fall flavor of apples to a dessert made for hot summer nights. All you basically need is a bottle opener and an ice cream machine (OK, not everybody has that, but if you do...). - cheesypennies
- 1 bottle (25-26 oz) sparkling apple cider, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon simple syrup*
- juice of 1 lemon
- a splash of Calvados liqueur, optional
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients, then process in an ice cream maker as directed.
- If you serve right away**, the sorbet will be soft and the tiniest bit slushy. We like ours like that. Otherwise, transfer to a sealable container and freeze until solid.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
Your Recipe Diploma
A menu master class for the college grad.
A master class in recipes.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Wine tasting takeaways.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.