If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: about 15 years ago my good friend Nina gave me this delicious and easy recipe. I vary it by adding tomatoes and pasta or kale or whatever else feels appealing at the moment. I use canned beans but you can certainly use dried beans, soaked overnight, if you prefer. —sweet enough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2-3 ribs celery, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloved garlic, minced
- 2 15 1/2 oz cans cannellini beans (or great northern or navy)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and finely minced
- 4-5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- place the olive oil over a medium high heat in a soup pot and cook the onion until it starts to turn translucent. add the garlic, celery, and carrot and cook for another 2-3 minutes, taking care not to burn the garlic. add the beans, rosemary and the broth. bring to just the point of a boil and lower heat. simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- puree about 3/4 or the mixture in a blender (make sure soup is cool enough to handle) or better yet use an immersion blender.
- serve with a drizzle of excellent olive oil and some grated parmigiano reggiano
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).