If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who says vegan ice cream has to be hard to make or boring? It can be easy and fabulous! Try this recipe and I promise you will be pleased :) I paired this ice cream with some healthy chocolate molten cakes and the combination is awesome. The molten cakes recipe can be found on food52 in my recipes and also on blog, Baking backwards: http://bakingbackwards.blogspot.ca. Enjoy! - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 package (about 2 cups) frozen raspberries (or another dark berry)
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash coarse sea salt
- dash cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch baking soda
- pinch baking powder
- 4 + 3 extra pitted Sayer dates (about 40g)
- 1/3 cup Port or Creme de Cassis Liquer or Framboise Wine or Chambord
- 1 heaping teaspoon veganaise
- Blend all ingredients except the extra 3 dates together until very smooth and thick in a food processor.
- Add the 2 extra dates and pulse to incorporate. You want the dates to dot through the ice cream in tiny visible pieces. Scoop and serve immediately or chill in freezer up to 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
This Menu's No Impasta
A winner of a chicken dinner from across the pond.
An Italian menu that's no impasta.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
These are nuts to travel with.
Raise a (recycled) glass.