Author Notes: This is a simple, green flecked, four ingredient ice cream. It's bursting with flavor and is perfect on its own or with fresh summer berries. - maureenlyon
Makes four cups
- 1 cup Gently packed lemon verbena leaves
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Process the lemon verbena leaves and the sugar in a food processor until very finely ground.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon verbena sugar with the milk and cream and stir until it's completely dissolved. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert