If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's spring and the only time you can cook with fresh rhubarb. Darina Allen is the Alice Waters of Europe and runs a wonderful hotel and cookery school in Ireland, The Ballymaloe House. This recipe is so simple, just 4 ingredients and allows you to enjoy the special flavor of rhubarb all year long. —Bubba Mac
Makes 6 8 oz jars
- 2 pounds rhubarb
- 2 pounds sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 2 inch piece of ginger root
- Wash and trim rhubarb, using only tender stalks. Chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Mix rhubarb, sugar, juice and zest of one lemon in non-reactive bowl. Let sit overnight.
- Smash ginger, tie in cheese cloth and add to rhubarb/sugar mixture in saucepan and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until rhubarb breaks down. Discard ginger.
- Store in refrigerator or process in water bath in canning jars for 15 minutes.
The local's guide to Oakland
The local's guide to Oakland.
Celebrate Canada Day with snacks.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.