If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is the pairing of burrata, grilled fruits and balsamic that fascinates me endlessly. Every spring and summer I keep on looking for new ways to combine them. I discovered, that: a) no matter what you do, it’s difficult to get it wrong, b) you need to invest only in a loaf of fresh bread and some nice chilled white, and you’ll end up with a meal to remember. —QueenSashy
Makes 4 appetizers
- 8 firm apricots, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup pistachios, halved
- 8 ounces burrata, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- Salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil
- Some mint leaves for garnish
- Prepare the honey balsamic syrup. In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the balsamic vinegar and honey. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil, and continue to simmer over very low heat, until the mixture is reduced to about one third of its volume, into a thick syrup. Remove from the heat and let the syrup cool completely (it will thicken more as it cools).
- Preheat the grill, grill pan or broiler. Brush the apricots with olive oil, and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Grill the apricots over high heat, cut sides down, until gently charred, about 5 minutes. (If you are using broiler, preheat to high and broil the apricots, cut side up, for about 7 minutes.) Let the apricots cool completely.
- Arrange the apricots and burrata slices on a platter. Top with pistachios. Drizzle with olive oil and then generously with balsamic syrup. Sprinkle with extra salt pepper and serve.