If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love these because they aren't your typical hard biscotti, they are a little chewy. People ask me to make these all time and they are always a part of my holiday cookie packages. Sometimes I drizzle them with chocolate, sometimes I dip one entire side of the cookie in chocolate. This recipe isn't hard, it just takes a little time because of the double baking. - Amyi
Serves about 40
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 2/3 cups whole almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon apricot flavored brandy
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 6 oz package dried apricots, diced
- Line large cookie sheet with foil. Butter and flour foil.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in food processor. Process until fine meal forms. Add almonds and chop coarsely, using 6-8 pulses.
- Beat eggs, brandy and extract in a large bowl. Add the flour mixture and apricots and stir until moist dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls in three 12-inch strips on cookie sheet. Moisten fingertips and shape each dough strip into 2 inch wide logs. Refrigerate until dough is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350. Bake until logs are golden, about 30 minutes. Transfer sheet to rack and cool completely.
- Reduce heat to 300. Transfer one log at a time to work surface and cut log into 3/4 inch slices. Arrange cookies cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Gently turn cookies over and bake 10 minutes longer. (You may need to do this in two batches).
- If you'd like, drizzle or dip in chocolate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.