If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pops are simply decadent. I grabbed some peaches and stewed them, creating a liquid version of what would be the most epic peach pie. A layer of cold cream cuts through the cinnamon scented center, offering a milky bite that is reminiscent of the ice cream you’d be eating the epic pie with. So basically its an ice pop version of a peach pie, and its’ epic. —Amanda Shulman
- 4 cups sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 splash ground cinnamon
- heavy cream
- Add the peaches, water, and sugar to a pot. Let simmer for about 30 minutes, until the peaches are soft and tender and the liquid of the peaches has gotten thicker. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon. Turn off the heat and let the mixture come to warm —it will get thicker as it continues to cool.
- Once warm, use a masher or a fork to mash about half of the peaches in the pot. Leave the other half as full slices. Ready your popsicle molds. Divide the peachy mixture into two bowls. Set one bowl aside for the second layer, and spoon the other into the molds, filling each one half way. Put in the freezer to firm up for about 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the molds from the freezer. Pour about 1 tsp of heavy cream into each mold, on top of the first peach layer. This will be your layer of cream. Don’t worry if a little of the white leaks through the bottom, it looks pretty. Once all the molds have the white middle layer, return to the freezer for an hour.
- After an hour, remove the molds again. Fill them the rest of the way with the remaining bowl of peach mixture, creating a second layer. Set the ice pop sticks in the molds. Return to the freezer to firm up completely, about 4 hours, or overnight.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.