If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not so much a recipe as it is assembling ingredients. What better way to get to dessert? Summertime staples in our house include IBC black cherry soda, Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and our Great Aunt Chris' soda fountain chocolate sauce. (Aunt Chris made this sauce every day at the drug store soda fountain where she worked in 1934.) Putting it all together was my oldest son's brilliant idea; he's our smart one, for sure. Incidentally, those are also our wintertime staples if you were wondering about the Christmas lights in the background. We make sure to have our tree down before Memorial Day. —ourlastsupper
Black Chocolate Cherry Soda
- 2-3 tablespoons Great Aunt Chris' Soda fountain chocolate sauce
- 1-1 1/2 Scoops of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream
- 8 ounces IBC Black Cherry Soda
- Drizzle chocolate sauce around the inside of the glass. Add the ice cream and top off with black cherry soda.
Great Aunt Chris' Soda Fountain Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
- 3 tablespoons Evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- In a saucepan blend sugar and cocoa. Add Karo syrup, evaporated milk, vanilla and salt.
- Cook until mixture comes to a boil. Add ceam of tartar and butter.
- Remove from heat as soon as butter melts. Spoon hot fudge over ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
It's a little Spanish, a little Italian, and a lot wonderful
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Organized spice drawer: check.
A better basket.