If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, Mission Figs, and Baby Arugula Flatbread with Balsamic Reduction (http://www.icancookthat.org) —I Can Cook That
Serves 2 as a meal, 4 as an appetizer
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 3-4 mission figs, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce prosciutto, torn into thin strips
- 1/4 cup lightly packed baby arugula
- 1 salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Remove the dough from the fridge about an hour before you plan to cook. You want it to be a room temperature when you work with it.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- To make the balsamic reduction, add the vinegar to a saute pan. Heat over medium heat until the vinegar comes to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until it reduces by half, keeping the heat low to medium-low (you don’t want it bubbling up on you or over thickening). Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. The vinegar will thicken as it cools.
- To make the flatbread, sprinkle some of the cornmeal out on a cutting board or another smooth, flat surface. (If you don’t have cornmeal, you can use flour) Roll out your dough.
- Add the dough to a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese, season with salt and pepper, and add to the oven for 10 minutes. While waiting for the pizza to cook, slice your figs and tear the prosciutto.
- Remove the flatbread and switch the oven to the broil on high setting.
- Add the fig slices and prosciutto to your flatbread. Broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with arugula and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with the balsamic reduction, cut into pieces, and serve.
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.