Author Notes: Soothing ginger and mint disguised in an attractive fruit smoothie. Because I have tried to get my children to take pepto bismol. And failed miserably. - Niknud
- 1.5 cups diced and frozen melon (crenshaw is tasty)
- 3 tablespoons mint syrup (recipe below)
- 1 bottle ginger beer (recommend Ginger People)
- All the above quantities are fudge-able. Combine and blitz in your blender. Too thick? Add more ginger beer. Too sweet? Cut back on the mint syrup or lessen the sugar in the recipe below.
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mint leaves (or more)
- Heat sugar and water together until sugar is dissolved. Add the mint leaves and simmer gently until the strength is to your liking. Remove and cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs