If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soothing ginger and mint disguised in an attractive fruit smoothie. Because I have tried to get my children to take pepto bismol. And failed miserably. —Niknud
- 1.5 cups diced and frozen melon (crenshaw is tasty)
- 3 tablespoons mint syrup (recipe below)
- 1 bottle ginger beer (recommend Ginger People)
- All the above quantities are fudge-able. Combine and blitz in your blender. Too thick? Add more ginger beer. Too sweet? Cut back on the mint syrup or lessen the sugar in the recipe below.
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mint leaves (or more)
- Heat sugar and water together until sugar is dissolved. Add the mint leaves and simmer gently until the strength is to your liking. Remove and cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
Your New Main Squeeze
A tart, sunny lemon bar cheesecake
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Recipe of the Day
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.