If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These mighty muffins are loaded with energy-boosting superfoods like maca, quinoa, amaranth, millet, dates, and bananas. They are totally delicious and packed with vitamins and minerals, protein and good fats. They are mostly sweetened with fruit (the chocolate chips contain brown sugar), vegan and gluten free. A healthy and delicious portable snack that will leave you full of energy for your travels. - DUZE @BakingBackwards
Makes 8 muffins
- 1 very large frozen banana
- 3 tbsp pear sauce (I use unsweetened, you can substitute unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 small pitted dates (40g) (I use Sayer dates, if you use Medjool use 3 not 6)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp raw maca powder
- 2 tbsp soy-free vegenaise
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/3 cup amaranth flour
- Dash coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand) *These chocolate chips contain brown sugar. To make this recipe refined-sugar free, substitute equal amounts Sweet Cacao Nibs (stevia-sweetened)*
- PART I: Preheat oven to 360F. Pulse then blend all PART I ingredients until very smooth in food processor. Stop occasionally to scrape down sides and continue to blend.
- Mix all PART II ingredients EXCEPT CHOCOLATE CHIPS together in a small bowl. Add to food processor. Pulse a few times to incorporate, stopping to scrape sides.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse to distribute evenly. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Scoop 1-2 tbsp of batter into each muffin cup, making sure to fill the cup 75% full.
- Bake in the preheated oven in the center of the oven until golden and slightly firm to touch, about 20 minutes.
- If greedy, devour immediately while still hot (like I did). If patient, these muffins are also delightful after some time to cool down.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns