Author Notes: I put this quick one-pot dinner together after picking up our first vegetable CSA share of the season! - Kimberly McNally
Garlic Scape Pesto with Walnuts & Green Onion:
- 2 Garlic Scapes, Roughly Chopped
- 3 Green Onions, Roughly Chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (or to Taste)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, Finely Diced
- Salt, Pepper & Crushed Rep Pepper to Taste
- 1 bunch Broccoli, Roughly Chopped
- 2 cups Israeli Couscous
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 3 cups Stock
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 1 Green Onion, Roughly Chopped
- Combine scapes, green onions, walnuts and olive oil in a food processor. Add salt and pepper. Process until desired consistency. Set aside.
- Add oil to medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper and cook until the shallot is browning and translucent. Add couscous and cook until it is just beginning to brown.
- Add wine and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated. Add stock and bring up to a boil, reduce heat. Add broccoli and simmer (stirring occasionally) on low heat until the couscous is tender and the liquid has evaporated. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the pesto and greek yogurt. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Top with chopped green onion before serving.