If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I put this quick one-pot dinner together after picking up our first vegetable CSA share of the season! —Kimberly McNally
Garlic Scape Pesto with Walnuts & Green Onion:
- 2 Garlic Scapes, Roughly Chopped
- 3 Green Onions, Roughly Chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (or to Taste)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, Finely Diced
- Salt, Pepper & Crushed Rep Pepper to Taste
- 1 bunch Broccoli, Roughly Chopped
- 2 cups Israeli Couscous
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 3 cups Stock
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 1 Green Onion, Roughly Chopped
- Combine scapes, green onions, walnuts and olive oil in a food processor. Add salt and pepper. Process until desired consistency. Set aside.
- Add oil to medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper and cook until the shallot is browning and translucent. Add couscous and cook until it is just beginning to brown.
- Add wine and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated. Add stock and bring up to a boil, reduce heat. Add broccoli and simmer (stirring occasionally) on low heat until the couscous is tender and the liquid has evaporated. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the pesto and greek yogurt. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Top with chopped green onion before serving.
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.