If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, Walnut Butter Balls, Snowball Cookies... Regardless of what you call this little powdery ball of deliciousness, they're a Holiday must have! I spiced up my recipe by adding cinnamon and nutmeg to the dough, and orange zest to the powdered sugar coating. - Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter-softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all purpous flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- cream butter and vanilla until smooth
- mix together flour, 6 T sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Stir into butter mixture until just blended (will seem flakey and powdery). Mix in walnuts.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling rack.
- mix together remaining powdered sugar and orange zest. When balls are cool enough to touch (but still warm), roll in powdered sugar.
- Once balls have completely cooled, roll once more in powdered sugar.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.