If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This past summer was filled with free outdoor concerts ... being one of the avid cooks amongst my friends I am usually tasked to bring the picnic goods. After concert number 3 the usual hummus and pita gets a little old so I started getting creative. This white pizza was a hit ... simple, tasty and easy to eat on the go it makes a perfect picnic food. —amreen
- 1 bag trader joes whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 large bag washed spinach leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 ounces goat cheese (log)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or asiago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- flour or cornmeal for rolling out the dough
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees and take the pizza dough out of the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
- While the dough is warming up In a large pot juice the lemon thoroughly. Add the spinach and a little bit of water and zest about 1 teaspoon of the lemon into the pot. Cover and set on low. Cook the spinach for a few minutes until it is wilted and a bright green. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the garlic and set it aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough to the thickness of your choice. I place cornmeal down on the rolling board before I roll out the dough but you could use regular flour as well.
- Place the dough on a pizza stone or pan. I like to use my cast iron grill pan. Drizzle the olive oil on the dough and sprinkle the garlic evenly over the dough.
- Place dollops of spinach and goat cheese evenly around the dough. Sprinkle the parmesan or asiago on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the crust is to your desired brownness. Let it cool, cut it and you are set to go!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
Match your style to your arrangement
Flower arrangements for your style.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The chicest apron around.