If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Savoury cannellini beans baked into crunchy snack. - LastOnTheList
- 3/4 cups dry cannellini beans
- 8-10 sage leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pinches Salt
- Soak the dry cannellini beans in water over night, or for 8 hours.
- Drain and wash the beans with fresh water. Add the beans to a pot and cover with fresh water, so that the water is an inche above the beans. Bring to boil and then lower to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the beans are cooked through but still have a bite.
- Strain and lay out on a tray to cool.
- Add the olive oil into a pot and heat on medium heat. Once heated add the sage leaves and fry until crisp. Take them out and lay them on paper towel for later use.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add smashed garlic cloves and saute for 1 minute until the oil becomes fragrant with the garlic. Remove garlic for other use (good on toast).
- Mix the cooled beans with the olive oil to coat. Lay out in an even, single layer on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, mixing once, until all the beans are crispy. Add salt for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Crumple up the fried sage leaves and mix back into the beans for added flavour and texture. ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack