If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When traveling with 6 children on the road, my kids like to munch along the way. Chips are their favorite so I decided to bring a healthier alternative "chip" on the trip. Even the kids who don't like kale in other recipes, LOVE these kale chips. —Andrea Taylor
- 1 bunch kale, washed, large stems removed, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup cashews, (soaked 2 hours & drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place kale in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Massage the kale until they are all coated.
- Put remaining ingredients into a blender or vitamix and Blend until smooth. . Pour mixture all over the kale and massage again to cover the leaves
- Lay coated kale leaves in a single layer in a dehydrator. Dehydrate at 105 for 12 hours or overnight, until coating is dry and kale is crispy.
- store in a ziplock bag
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
Get whisked away.