If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ROAD TRIP! (maybe on our way to a holiday feast) sparks yelps, spins and yodeling of pure joy from Floozy, our Portuguese Water Dog when we take to the road.She's a well mannered traveler who has graced the best hotels, including The Peninsula in Beverly Hills, The San Isidro Ranch in Montecito and the Town House Motel in Winnemucca, NV. She deserves the best and this dog treat has it all with the best of ingredients .It is a great gift to our hosts when we arrive, since just about everyone we know also has furry children.. Also tastes great with a dab of cream cheese and apricot jam(for me). —dymnyno
Makes 1 1/2 dozen 3 inch cookies
- 8 ounces bacon
- 8 ounces chicken livers
- 3 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 (+) cups buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- Fry the bacon until very crisp. Drain on paper towels. Mince about a third into very fine bits.
- Cook the chicken livers in the bacon grease .
- Into a large bowl food processor add the chicken livers, 2/3 of the bacon, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 egg, cornmeal, AP flour and 1 cup buckwheat flour and process until completely blended.
- Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some buckwheat flour on a smooth surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of about3/8 inch and using a bone shaped 3 inch cookie cutter cut out as many cookies and place them on parchment or silpat on a baking sheet.
- Press the reserved bacon bits on one side of the bones .
- Make a glaze of 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce and lightly brush the tops of the bones.
- Bake in a 225 oven for about an hour . Cool and they are ready to be stored in a airtight(and dogproof) tin or other container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.