Author Notes: Three o’clock limps in some afternoons and makes my belly rumble. Maybe you know the feeling? It doesn’t take a lot to keep me comfortable until dinner, usually a piece of fruit or a palm full of roasted nuts. But a few days ago, I wearied of my routine and came up with these – 2 or 3 bites of bliss. - Pinch&Swirl
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 5 dried, unsulfured apricots, diced into 1/4″ chunks
- 4 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped (or chips)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Combine peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a medium bowl; stir. Add oats and apricots; stir until thoroughly combined. Scoop mixture into individual sections of a silicone or regular ice cube tray. Press firmly to form cubes.
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a glass bowl; place over a pan of simmering water. Stir constantly until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes. Spoon the chocolate mixture over each bite and smooth with a spatula. Lightly sprinkle the top of each bite with flaky sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until chocolate is firm. Remove bites from trays, transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack