If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 9 months ago I planted my first garlic and this week I pulled several bulbs out - what I am I going to do with it all? After using it in stirfry and sauteed Swiss Chard I wanted to go all the way with some of my favorite tastes so Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese Toast was born. It makes a great lunch or snack or you could get fancy with it as an appetizer. The trick is to have it already roasted and waiting in the fridge so all you have to do is squeeze that goodness onto your toast, top it with your favorite goat and go! Simple and good. If you are an avocado toast fan you might like this too. If you eat communally or share an office you may want to ensure others in the room are eating it too. —Kate's Kitchen
- 1 roasted garlic head
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 slices sourdough or olive bread
- pinches Maldon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Smoked paprika - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice top off whole head of garlic, drizzle with olive oil and kosher salt. Wrap tightly in foil and roast for 1 hour. remove from oven and let cool in it's wrapper. Use in recipe now or store in refrigerator for future use.
- Toast bread slices. Squeeze goodness out of roasted garlic head, divide and spread between the two slices of toast. Crumble 1 oz. of goat cheese on each slice and crunch a few grains of flaky sea salt on top. A shake of smoked paprika will make it look prettier. Serve open-faced.