If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a sucker for cheese crackers. Especially with a little heat. I had to re-create a version of my own when I was road tripping home to Cleveland this past Christmas. Good for dipping, or snacking! - Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes approx. 30 crackers
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl or standing mixer, and add butter so you have a crumbly dough. Create a well in the middle and add the wet ingredients, including the cheese. Fold the mixture together until a thick dough has formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With your hands, scoop out small chunks of the dough, roll into a ball, and flatten into a little cracker shape. Place on the parchment paper. Pop the crackers into the oven for about 35 minutes. Keep watching them to make sure they don't burn!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack