Author Notes: I'm a sucker for cheese crackers. Especially with a little heat. I had to re-create a version of my own when I was road tripping home to Cleveland this past Christmas. Good for dipping, or snacking! - Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes approx. 30 crackers
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl or standing mixer, and add butter so you have a crumbly dough. Create a well in the middle and add the wet ingredients, including the cheese. Fold the mixture together until a thick dough has formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With your hands, scoop out small chunks of the dough, roll into a ball, and flatten into a little cracker shape. Place on the parchment paper. Pop the crackers into the oven for about 35 minutes. Keep watching them to make sure they don't burn!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack