If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are like blondies, only better. They have that sweet-salty, chewy-crunchy combination that satisfies on every level. I started with the Toll House cookie recipe and tweeked the heck out of it. - almacucina
Food52 Review: Road rage? Try road rave! I tested the Blond Moment Bars and they are quite possibly the best blondies I've ever had. They have just the right blend of sweet and salty, with a most enjoyable texture. The recipe was a breeze to follow and the bars looked great. The only problem? The argument during our road trip over who would get the last bar! - AnnieG
Makes 8 to 12
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (plus some for the pan)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter (plus some for the pan)
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup good quality chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped salted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a 9-inch square baking pan. Whisk together flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar (by hand or in a mixer). Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well. Fold in dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in white chocolate.
- Transfer mixture to baking pan and level with a spatula. Evenly distribute chopped macadamia nuts on top and press slightly into batter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.