If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In 1995 a group of Ferndale, Mi residents held the very first Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise to raise money for a soccer field in Ferndale. Expecting about 30,000 people to show up and watch classic cars parade down Woodward Avenue, imagine their surprise when about 250,000 showed up. Today the cruise, held on the third Saturday in August, draws 1.5 MILLION from around the world. People cruise up and down the 16 mile route in their classics, vintage, hot rods and souped up cars to celebrate the days of the 1950s and 60s when drag racing and cruising were at their peak. And when you cruised you always pulled into one or more of the many drive-in restaurants along the route - Teds, Totem Pole, Mavericks and of course the two Big Boys. Now the Big Boy is gone (along with all the rest) but whether you come for the trip or just hang out for the day, take along some of these ham and cheese sliders reminiscent of a famous Big Boy sandwich! - inpatskitchen
Makes 12 sliders
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped onion
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped Kosher dill pickles
- 1 cup mayonaisse
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 12 thin slices smoked deli ham
- 6 thin slices deli swiss cheese
- 12 slider buns or small dinner rolls
- 12 thin slices tomato (about the same size in diameter as the buns)
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- In a mini food processor, process the onion and pickle until a little chunky but slushy. Combine this mixture in a smallish mixing bowl with the mayo,ketchup and horseradish. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before assembling your sliders.
- For each slider, spread the cut sides of the bun with the sauce. Lay some of the shredded lettuce over the bottom and then fold a slice of ham to fit over. Add a half slice of the cheese over the ham, cutting to fit and top with a tomato slice. Place the top half of the bun over. Repeat for the rest of the sliders. Wrap them in paper, toss into the cooler and be on your merry way!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.