Author Notes: This is my basic guacamole recipe, with grilled corn added, a touch i learned from a woman who i play pickup soccer with. i love the combination of the flavors of guacamole and elote (mexican corn on the cob). - sarah buttenwieser
Makes about a quart
- 3 ears of corn
- 4 avocados
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons queso fresco or cotija cheese (optional)
- 1 splash canola oil
- drizzle oil on corn. grill corn for a couple minutes until it becomes slightly charred. cut kernels off the ear of corn.
- mix in the corn, tomatoes, onions and cilantro.
- check seasoning. serve with tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack