If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my basic guacamole recipe, with grilled corn added, a touch i learned from a woman who i play pickup soccer with. i love the combination of the flavors of guacamole and elote (mexican corn on the cob). —sarah buttenwieser
Makes about a quart
- 3 ears of corn
- 4 avocados
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons queso fresco or cotija cheese (optional)
- 1 splash canola oil
- drizzle oil on corn. grill corn for a couple minutes until it becomes slightly charred. cut kernels off the ear of corn.
- mix in the corn, tomatoes, onions and cilantro.
- check seasoning. serve with tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
Honey makes for better, refined sugar-free buns
Good morning, honey.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.