Author Notes: I love a good butter bomb waffle, but my doctor doesn't. These honey orange ginger waffles combine 10-grain pancake mix, olive oil and yogurt for a whole grain, no butter, all delicious weekend breakfast. - dailywaffle
Makes 4 to 5 six inch waffles
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill's 10-grain pancake mix
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt (regular, not Greek)
- 1/2+ 2 T. cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs, olive oil, honey, orange zest and vanilla extract. Stir in the 10-grain pancake mix until just combined. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.The batter will be on the thick side.
- Heat your waffle iron. Pour about ½ c. batter into the iron and cook until well browned, about 4-5 minutes (time will vary based on your waffle iron).