If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Herb butters are an excellent way to make use of beautiful, fresh herbs. Meyer Lemon, a slightly more mellow, floral lemon, adds a brightness to this butter that pairs wonderfully with bone in Lamb Loin Chops, or really any Lamb. This make-ahead butter allows you to turn out an impressive company meal in short order. Be sure to prepare the Herb Butter at least an hour in advance so it can solidify in the freezer for easy slicing. Allow Butter to come to room temperature before serving. For more, check out my full post here: http://www.neurotickitchen.com/2013/02/easy-to-love-fast-and-foolproof.html ENJOY! —Neurotic Kitchenista
Serves 2 + leftover herb butter
Meyer Lemon Herb Butter
- 1 stick Salted Butter,room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Chopped Oregano
- 1.5 teaspoons Fresh Chopped Chives
- 2 teaspoons Finely Minced Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- Zest of 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon Meyer Lemon Juice
Lamb Loin Chops
- 4 Bone In Lamb Loin Chops - about 6-7 Oz each
- 1 Meyer Lemon or Organic Lemon, halved
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Optional Rosemary Sprigs, for Garnish
- To Prepare the Herb Butter - Mix the Herbs and Zest and the 1/2 teaspoon Meyer Lemon Juice into the butter until well incorporated. Spoon the butter onto a sheet of plastic wrap, and try to spoon it a row. Roll up the plastic wrap around the butter to create a log shape. Transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes or so until firm. When ready to use, slice and bring Butter to room temperature before serving. Any leftover can be stored 1-2 days in the freezer for another use
- To Prepare the Lamb - Preheat oven to 350. Bring Lamb to room temperature. Sprinkle Lamb liberally on both sides with Coarse Salt and Black Pepper.
- Heat an oven proof skillet over medium high flame for several minutes. Sear Lamb for 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- When ready to serve, squeeze a bit of Meyer Lemon over each chop and top with a round of Herb Butter. Optionally garnish with Rosemary sprigs and the remaining lemon halves.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 22 minutes for medium rare. Remove skillet from the oven and lightly tent it and the lamb with foil for 4-5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.