If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this dish, because avocados (usually relegated to a sandwich topping or mashed into dip) are the star of the show here. Because this is a dish of simplicity, make sure your avocados are perfect - save the overly ripe ones for guacamole, and go for the just-ripe ones here. It's ok if they're a little toothsome. Also, you want to use good bacon for this - save the cheap stuff for something else. And make sure you have a big bunch of crisp fresh parsley on hand.
One last thing - make sure your dinner guests are sitting down and waiting while you finish this dish. You'll want to eat it immediately. Because cold bacon dressing and warm bacon dressing are at polar opposite ends of a very porky spectrum. - foxeslovelemons
Serves 2 to 3 as a side dish
- 2 slices smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves (cilantro is good here as well, or a combo of the two)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 6 wedges
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel to drain; keep bacon drippings in pan.
- Add lime juice, shallot and sriracha to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove skillet from heat; stir in parsley and bacon. Pour dressing over avocado wedges and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.