If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For some reason I always attribute ginger with the holidays and this is my favourite ginger snap recipe as they come out gorgeous and chewy. A photographer I work with gave me the recipe after he made them in the studio one day and I fell head over heels for them and made him email me the recipe at once. - Adele
Serves 5 dozen
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, slighty beaten
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the molasses and vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients(including 1 cup of sugar) into a bowl. Add the egg to the cooled butter mixture and stir it into the dry ingredients. Combine well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture until fairly firm,about 30 minutes
- Fill a small bowl with sugar. Using your hands roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in the sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until the bottoms begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Makes 5 dozen cookies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chewy Sugar Cookie
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce