Author Notes: This recipe isn't anything special, really, I just like a tuna sandwich occasionally! When the kids were little I didn't put dill in the mixture, they didn't care for the taste. Now a days as an empty nester, and since my hubby doesn't even want to hear the word tuna, I'm the only one eating tuna sandwiches. I like the more "adult" taste of adding a little dill! - sunflowerguin
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 2 - 5 ounces cans tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup mayo or salad dressing
- 2 hard boiled eggs, boiled, peeled, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Hard boil 2 eggs. Bring eggs to boil, turn burner off and allow to sit for 10-12 minutes. Pour off hot water after 10-12 minutes and then run cool water over eggs. You might even want to do this step the day before or a few hours before and let the eggs cool completely in the refrigerator. Once eggs are cooled and peeled, chop into smaller pieces in a small bowl.
- Open cans of tuna and drain.
- Once tuna is completely drained and eggs are completely cooled, peeled and chopped; combine the rest of your ingredients with the eggs, mix throughly.
- Eat on your favorite cracker or bread as a snack, or for lunch/dinner with your favorite fruit or chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs