If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great, healthful breakfast with lots of calcium (from the kale, kefir and figs!) and a host of other nutrients. If you wish to make it vegan, I would suggest almond milk in place of the kefir (skip the water). —megsmarbles
- 1 cup kefir (I used goat milk kefir)
- 5-6 frozen peach slices
- 3 dried black mission figs, stems removes, sliced in half
- 3 kale leaves
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- scant 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water or a couple ice cubes
- Place the ingredients in the blender in this order (it will aid blending and prevent sullying a spatula unnecessarily): figs, peaches, chia seeds, cinnamon, kefir, water, kale.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes. I like to put everything away while blending and when I'm done so is the smoothie.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.