If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summer has descended on the Pacific Northwest with a vengeance. After months of whining about when the rain will stop, we've now turned to whining about the heat. But the one thing that keeps me happy is that all our summer fruits are suddenly available in the stores and my dormant herbs in the garden are suddenly wide awake and taking over the yard. This salad combines some the best things the early days of summer has to offer with a zingy assist from garden herbs. —vrunka
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups golden or orange melon like Cantalope, Hami, or Galia
- 4-6 plums, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (loose leaves and flowers)
- Dissolve the honey in the lemon juice
- Toss the fruits together with lemon-honey mixture and the herbs. (note: it's not necessary to peel the plums if that seems like too much of pain. It's mostly aesthetic.)
- Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.