If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok, maybe calling this a frozen yogurt is a bit of a stretch because it also has some cream in it, but it is lighter than traditional ice cream. It has a pretty pronounced coffee flavor, which I love, so it's probably best for grown-ups (my kids tasted it and passed). I have the Cuisinart 2 quart machine and it's great- I highly recommend it! This recipe is adapted from David Lebovitz' book The Perfect Scoop... - WinnieAb
Makes a little more than 1 quart
- 1 cup organic Greek yogurt (I actually use my own homemade "drained" yogurt)
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1 cup organic heavy cream
- 3/4 cups organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic freeze-dried coffee (I used Mount Hagen brand)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a blender or large capacity food processor, process all the ingredients until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Pour into your ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to your manufacturer’s instructions. The ice cream will be finished, though on the soft side, after 30-40 minutes; you can enjoy it like this, or for a firmer consistency, transfer to a container and store overnight in the freezer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee