If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The acidity of the yellow tomatoes combined with the sweetness of the beets and that tang of the goat ricotta embodies the colors and flavors of summer in an absolutely perfect way. Inspired by some of the beautiful food photography all around the web, this is an absolutely fantastic salad to brighten up your table and bring joy to your tastebuds! - Ty Ryavec
For the Roasted Beets:
- 4 medium sized beets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad:
- 2 large yellow tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Goat ricotta (or other goat's milk, crumbly cheese)
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the stems off of fresh beets. Using a brush, scrub all of the dirt off of the beets. Remove top and bottom.
- Add the beets, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper to a bowl. (The vinegar can be omitted, but really helps set in the color of the beets.) Toss beets in the mixture.
- Place beets in tin foil and make sure it is sealed entirely. Roast for about 45 minutes, or until a knife will go through with ease.
- Allow beets to cool, then peel of the skin using a paring knife, taking care to maintain the shape of the beet. Cut into thin slices. Cut tomatoes into 1/4" thick slices.
- On a plate, arrange beets and tomatoes. Lightly drizzle olive oil. Add your basil (you can use whole leaves or chiffonade) and your goat cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Can be made 1 hour prior to serving. Keep refrigerated.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.