If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has only 2 ingredients, which means the quality of the ingredients really matters. Make sure you get the best skirt steak you can find and use great quality salt as well! It makes all the difference in the world.
Inspired by Bon Appétit - amber wilson | for the love of the south
- 1 1-1 1/2 pound skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- Course sea salt
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt onto both sides of the steak and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, crank up a grill pan or cast-iron skillet to high. You want the pan to be smoking hot (literally.)
- After 30 minutes, dab the steak with paper towels making sure the steak is as dry as can be. Season both sides of the steak with sea salt.
- Once the pan is ready, place the steak in the pan/skillet and let cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes. This step allows all of the lovely juices to evenly distribute back into the meat. Thinly slice the steak at an angle, against the grain (not straight down into the meat.) This will ensure tender, juicy pieces instead of tough, dry pieces. Enjoy!