If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from the one and only Martha Stewart. These muffins are heavenly, they are such a guilty pleasure and simple to make! I highly recommend going the extra step for the glaze, it gives a sweet finish to this cinnamony muffin. - Gabriella
Makes 24 standard muffins
Cinnamon Pecan Streusel
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Table salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Pecans (optional)
- In a medium bowl stir together brown sugar, flour, salt, and pecans (if desired)
- With a pastry blender or your finger tips (or two small knives) knead the butter in until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using
Cake Batter and Glaze
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1- 1 1/2 cups Confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the muffin tins with butter (or line with papers if desired)
- Whisk together four, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Stir in vanilla by hand.
- Slowly add flour mixture in two parts adding the sour cream between the first and second addition of the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix
- Gently fold in half of the chilled streusel mixture to evenly distribute it.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups. Sprinkle the remaining streusel over the muffins
- Bake each pan until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer tins to a wire rack to cool
- To make the glaze: Whisk together the milk and confectioner's sugar until a thick and smooth mixture is made.
- Once muffins have cooled completely drizzle the milk glaze over the cupcakes.
- These muffins will keep for 3-4 days after being glazed at room temperature in an airtight container. They can be frozen in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks before being glazed.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Style with a breeze.
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.