If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have made many MANY crumbles in my day. Crumble is kinda my thing. This was one of the best I ever produced. —DUZE @BakingBackwards
Berry Filling Recipe
- 1 package frozen raspberries (I use Stalbush organic).
- 1 package frozen rhubarb (I use Stalbush organic)
- 1/4 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 3 teaspoons organic butter
- squeeze of 1/4 large lemon
- 1/3 cup ground wild brown millet
- 2/3 cup organic quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup organic oat flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 tsp organic ground cinammon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Combine all "filling" ingredients in baking dish of choice. Break up the butter into little bits and distribute evenly throughout.
- Mix all "crisp" ingredients together to a crumbly consistency in a medium sized bowl using a fork. Top "filling" with "crisp" and bake until top is slightly brown and fruit bubbles red at the sides of the pan. Serve hot with ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty