Author Notes: I have made many MANY crumbles in my day. Crumble is kinda my thing. This was one of the best I ever produced. - DUZE @BakingBackwards
Berry Filling Recipe
- 1 package frozen raspberries (I use Stalbush organic).
- 1 package frozen rhubarb (I use Stalbush organic)
- 1/4 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 3 teaspoons organic butter
- squeeze of 1/4 large lemon
- 1/3 cup ground wild brown millet
- 2/3 cup organic quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup organic oat flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 tsp organic ground cinammon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Combine all "filling" ingredients in baking dish of choice. Break up the butter into little bits and distribute evenly throughout.
- Mix all "crisp" ingredients together to a crumbly consistency in a medium sized bowl using a fork. Top "filling" with "crisp" and bake until top is slightly brown and fruit bubbles red at the sides of the pan. Serve hot with ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty