If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups Ripe Mango sliced or any other stone fruit
- 1/2 cup rose petal jam (Gulkand is easily available at many Indian, middle eastern stores.)
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 -2 tbsp of corn starch
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of corsely chopped pistachios or any other nuts like macadamia or hazelnuts
- 1 stick of cold butter cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup demerara or brown sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 -2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 350 F. In a bowl, take sliced mangoes or any other fruit, toss in the rose petal jam, sugar, lemon juice, corn starch and mix it well. Transfer it to a baking dish or 4 ramekins or small ball jars .
- In another bowl, take the flour, cardamom, sugar, salt, baking powder and cut the chunks of butter into the flour making a crumbly mixture , add the pistachio as well. you can keep this mixture in the fridge if you are going to make this later on.
- When ready to assemble just take the fruit in the baking dish, sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly on the fruit by covering every nook and corner.
- bake the crumble for about 25-35 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the crumble looks slightly firm and golden in color. Remove it from the oven and let it come to room temperature and serve it with a dollop of whipped cream, yougurt or cardamom flavored creme anglais e.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.