If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe by adding almond flour to the batter and a mix of berries. It's worth the extra effort because the end result is a moist, sweet treat loaded with summer fruit. - almacucina
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound mixed berries (blues, blacks and raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a nine by nine inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. Cut in the butter pieces with a pastry cutter, two forks or your hands until mixture is crumbly. (Or you could also use a food processor.) Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, milk and vanilla and add to large bowl of dry mixture, gently folding it in just until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and evenly distribute berries on top. Top berries with reserved flour mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty