If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe spawned by accident due to lack of sleep, existing ingredients in my kitchen, and time constraint...surprisingly this restrictive combination makes for an exceptionally moist and delicious beef slice - Mariya
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 potatoes pealed, boiled, and riced (or smashed with a fork)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups onion-small dice
- 3/4 cups tomato-small dice
- 3/4 cups dried black currants (feel free to use dried apricots-chopped small, raisins, or dried cranberries)
- 3/4 cups Granny Smith apple-small dice
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chili powder to taste
- 1/4 pound Mazowieski cheese-Polish (feel free to use Gruyere, feta, parm, or cheddar)
- With the exception of cheese, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Season well.
- Make a test batch (by cooking a tiny patty in a pan to make sure the beef is seasoned properly). Taste and adjust if needed.
- Shape the beef into two logs and make an indentation, lengthwise. Place cheese into the indentation and enclose it, reshaping the logs (ending up with the cheese in the middle of the log).
- Place logs into a baking sheet and bake at 375F for ~35-45 minutes, or until meat is cooked through.
- OPTIONAL: Serve over watercress or frisee salad; make half of the mixture into hamburgers and top with cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatloaf